And there I appear at the apex in the sky,
majestically waiting for gravity to tear me down;
And I plummet, no I soar,
past the earths surface to the ocean floor.
I taste the sun's sweet radiance and the dark bitter dirt,
while travelling along all these emotions I've learnt;
I conjure up all my strength to breach the surface again,
I've come up for air, I've come up to swim;
I fear that hope will never leave,
and I must fight just to breathe,
but I'll fight for every breath just to be me;
I find a point of interest, there in the distance,
where hope leads my senses and I still listless.
As I begin I feel my muscles stretch and tear in between,
as I pull my once derelict body into motion;
As I break free from this rhythm and ocean,
no longer held captive by the vast great blue.
I'm fighting for this cause in which I believe,
this cause that has caused me much grief,
I'm fighting for these loved wounds and harnessed lampoons,
where I've buried the spears I meant for you,
I'm fighting the wind as it blows against me,
like a warning of the size and value of my victory,
I'm fighting with every aching muscle and bone,
to find a way back to a place we once called home.
As fall before our loving Father's throne,
I was called to this place that is not far from home,
I realise the great battle that was set before us,
and my apathy the most formidable opponent that I've ever known.
No comments:
Post a Comment