I'm living with my kid gloves on,
Heart on my sleeve and battle worn,
No stake for territory I've never won,
I've never claimed to take new ground,
I'm always in the trenches now,
No creed to which I've ever sworn,
Except the won for which I was reborn.
I'm living with my kid gloves on,
Heart on my sleeve and battle worn,
I take up the fight and advance it forward,
But my punches don't have much weight at all,
Not that I don't have regrets,
But I know that I have done my best,
Failing was harder than all the tests.
I'm living with my kid gloves on,
Heart on my sleeve and battle worn,
Stains and cuts and grime and dirt,
Love and smiles and tears and hurt,
I tread all of these shallow trenches,
The dead, my dead I wont mention,
There is no win to this life to this endless fight.
I'm living with my kid gloves on,
Heart on my sleeve and battle worn,
I get up, fall down and get up again,
I love and lose and love my friends,
Side by side and arm in arm,
On and on we stand to fight together,
To live and love and die inside,
To find some meaning and value in this life.
I'm living with my kid gloves on,
Heart on my sleeve and battle worn,
I wouldn't dare to live any other way,
You're not really living if you're playing it safe...
1 comment:
Post a Comment